No products in the cart.
The Vector SE comes loaded with features, including: Magnetic Riser Covers, Hand Deployment bag, Metal D Handle, Reserve Pin Window, and our Skyhook RSL.
If you would like to configure it for other deployment methods, or customize it, check out the available options below.
AFF BOC and Static Line setup also available upon request.
ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING SIZES
V348, V350, V351, V352, V353, V354, V355, V357, V358, V360-1, V360-2, V360-3, V361, V362, V364, V364-1, V375, V378, V380, V382, V392, V392-2, V397.
VECTOR SE HISTORY
In 2002 UPT decided that an upgrade to the then Vector 2 student rig was required. We had already stopped production of the Vector 2 sport system, but we had continued to produce the Vector 2 student system as a low cost alternative to DZO™s, but we identified a need to keep up with the times and update to the latest technology of the day.
- Engineering: We went about the design in the following fashion. First of all we wanted a container that was still cost effective, comfortable, easy to use and easy to maintain – while also utilizing the latest technology to ensure the safest container for low experience jumpers. Many other manufacturers had gone the route of adding student options to their sport rig, which is not very cost effective and is difficult to maintain, with features not necessarily beneficial to student operations.
- Comfort: We based the backpad and yoke on our already popular Vector 3 container – we also added extra foam padding to the legpads with double wide webbing. The legpads also have a simple form of adjustment to fit a wider range of jumpers.
- Cost: We purposely costed the container below that of our sport container. We were able to do this by simplifying the container without compromising safety and strength. For example, we changed the centre flap design to a 3 stripe instead of a 5 stripe design which saved an hour of production costs. We also removed the full wraparound corners of the main container, but still maintained excellent bridle protection. We reduced the amount of options available thus requiring less time in the production and inspection process.
- Ease of use: We removed the internal riser covers to make packing simpler for inexperienced jumpers. We also added the reserve and AAD windows so instructors could perform more effective gear checks without opening flaps, especially useful in smaller aircraft. The external riser covers were designed to be easily replaced. All components are less expensive to replace, adding to your bottom line.
- Technology and safety: The Skyhook system was made a standard feature on all SE containers. This is the latest greatest reserve deployment system. This feature adds to the wellbeing and confidence of the student after a cutaway, besides getting the reserve out in about 33 meters. This container is also built with UPT’s usual high standard of quality and support to ISO 9001:2000 standard.
|Dimensions||12 × 16 × 24 cm|